I hosted a Digital Marketing Q&A webinar earlier this week where I had a handful of my clients and their team members submit questions for me to help them with.
It was AWESOME.
I asked the crew who joined me if it was OK if I shared some of the top items from the webinar with my audience here on my blog – they obliged!
So, here’s a top-5 hit list of some of the top Q&A’s for your benefit:
1) What should I do first if I don’t have any of it yet – products, Infusionsoft, a campaign, LeadPages, emails, etc.?
Classic question – should you build first or make sales first, and then fulfill?
Here’s my quick take: Verify that your product is actually viable. Do this through asking prospective customers, getting in front of people who need what you offer and telling them about your service or product. Once you have proof of concept, then you move forward. If you can hire out someone to market for you and build campaigns so that you can focus on building the content, do that. If you want to hire a team to do every part of it and fasttrack your success, do it.
All depends on your ‘money rules’, how quick you need things done and what you’re willing to do to get it done.
2) I have funnels. I’m wondering what are your top 3 HOT CONVERSION tips.
1: Split test EVERYTHING.
2: Add pixel before lead magnet to target a warm audience.
3: Run a ‘Mom’ test – is your mom (or someone with her technological capabilities) able to make it seamlessly through your funnel?
3) What are some new ways to run campaigns? Everything seems so old hat & predictable now…
True. There’s a ton of saturation. Tons of automated funnels out there and a lot of them are being done way wrong.
I’d recommend a few simple ideas:
1) Provide value at every single opportunity. Every chance you get to communicate with a customer, make it worth their while to pay attention to you. If you’re lucky enough to get their attention, come with a knockout story.
2) Get people interested before you advertise to them. Do this through pixelling them from a great blog or something totally free of yours that they read.
3) Focus on customer satisfaction. I know so many marketers out there who only focus on gaining new customers – this should be an area of focus, but also focus on giving your current customers love. Re-engage them, keep them satisfied, give them more, and turn them into referral sources.
4) I’m not ready for Infusionsoft – what do you recommend?
Both of these are abbreviated versions of Infusionsoft (about $300/month + a start-up fee). Infusionsoft offers the full buffet of online services (email marketing, automation, CRM, payment processing, affiliate services), so it removes a lot of the add-ons you might have to purchase by having a less robust system, but if you’re not quite ready for it, these are 2 other great options.
5) My landing page isn’t converting – how can I fix it?
I wrote an in-depth blog about this not too long ago. Check it out, really useful: http://juanvlopez.com/is-your-landing-page-not-converting-heres-a-20-point-checklist/
I hope that was useful to you!
If you have any more digital marketing questions that come to mind or if I can be a resource to you, don’t hesitate to reach out.
I host Q&A, content-filled webinars like this from time to time – let me know if you’d be interested in joining a future one or perhaps having me host something for your team.