After my post last week about “The Next Level Of Instagram For Business,” I got a couple of emails and Tweets asking me, “Is there a free tool to track Instagram followers, comments and engagement over time?”
Yes – and it’s amazing.
Iconosquare is an incredibly deep set of Instagram analytics.
It lets you view and browse Instagram from right within the Iconosquare interface and spits out incredible amounts of data about your account and interactions.
- Engagement scores
- Your most engaged followers
- Followers you’ve lost
- Growth charts
- The most common times you post
- Best times to post
- What tags you use most
- Where your ‘likes’ are coming from
- Most comments received on a pic or video
- Every single hashtag you’ve ever used in your pics or videos
- The average lifespan of your media
- People you follow who don’t follow you back
- & much more data to make you question every single pic you upload, ‘like’ you give, and person you follow
Iconosquare gets very in depth in their data, but why does this all matter?
It matters because if you’re a business or a brand, even though you may not be able to measure the return on one specific post, you can view trends over time to make your future posts that much better and engaging.
This matters because you can do things such as:
- See what hashtags are the most effective for you
- Establish what time is the best to post for you
- See which of your followers are the most engaged (turn your best followers into your biggest advocates)
- Determine what kind of content you post gets the most engagement
- See which of your followers you are not following (social media is all about reciprocity)
- See how long your media usually lives (so you’re not overposting)
- & so much more
One thing I’ve learned about data is that if it’s out there, you can definitely manipulate it and use it for your benefit – so do it.
If you’re serious about using your Instagram account for your business or app, start using data to drive your strategy.
What metrics do you use to measure the effectiveness of your Instagram posts? Let me know in the comments!
[button font_size=”20″ color=”#0086b9″ text_color=”#ffffff” icon=”twitter” url=”http://ctt.ec/23n4Y” target=”_self”]Share It![/button]