Whatever point you’re at in life, this book is a MUST-READ.
1) “Whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want something, it’s because that desire originated in the soul of the universe. It’s your mission on earth.”
2) “Beginners luck exists because life wants you to achieve your highest dreams, so it gives you a taste of success when you first start, to encourage you to keep going.”
3) “When you really want something, ALL the universe conspires in helping you achieve it.”
4) “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”
5) “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”
6) “When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
7) “The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.”
8) “Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”
9) “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity.”
10) “What is the world’s greatest lie?” the little boy asks.
The old man replies, “It’s this: that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what’s happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate. That’s the world’s greatest lie.”
11) “The secret is here in the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better.”
12) “Making a decision was only the beginning of things. When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision.”
13) “Every blessing ignored becomes a curse. “
14) “Everything that happens once, cannot happen again. But if something happens twice, it will happen a third time.”
15) “Every person plays a role in the central history of the world – and normally, he doesn’t know it.”
16) “Every search begins with beginner’s luck. And every search ends with the victor’s being severely tested.”
17) “That’s the way it always is,” said the old man. “It’s called the principle of favorability. When you play cards the first time, you are almost sure to win. Beginner’s luck.”
“Why is that?”
“Because there is a force that wants you to realize your destiny; it whets your appetite with a taste of success.”.